Spray foam is one of the most popular forms of insulation for homes and buildings these days. Its effectiveness lasts for a very long time and it has several other benefits too. However, spray foam insulation is not cheap. The materials used will cost quite a bit and hiring a licensed contractor will certainly add to the expense. This is one of the reasons some people would try a DIY spray foam installation.
Despite its cost, spray foam insulation is an excellent investment. Aside from its long-lasting durability, you can expect it to help a lot in significantly reducing your energy bill and increasing the comfort in your home.
Should you decide to install spray foam insulation on your own, it is best to know about the common mistakes in its application process:
1. When spray foam chemicals are mixed improperly, they wouldn’t pack or join together as expected. It may pull away from the surface where it is sprayed on, which defeats the very purpose of spray foam insulation.
2. When spray foam chemicals aren’t mixed properly, it may be hazardous to the health of your family and may produce odors that would last for a long time.
3. It is important to take into consideration the usual local climate to find out the best mixture of chemicals for the spray foam. Without the proper knowledge, the most ideal type of spray home for the structure of your home would not be achieved.
4. There’s also importance in the amount of spray foam used for insulation purposes. Not enough spray foam or too much spray foam insulation can affect the performance of the insulation.
5. Insulation installation requires expertise. Going the DIY way is prone to making mistakes, using makeshift tools, and an overall lack of knowledge on how spray foam insulation application must be done.
To avoid the above common mistakes in spray foam insulation Orlando application and more, call All Florida Insulation for assistance. We are available in Orlando, Maitland, Longwood, Sanford, and surrounding communities. You may reach us at 407-410-FOAM (3626) for a free quote and to set an appointment!
Some people are still under the impression that insulation is meant to keep a home warm during the winter. However, many homeowners in Florida, where it’s warm most of the year, know that insulation plays an important role in their home’s structure all year round. In fact, home insulation can make your summer season more comfortable!
Insulation is usually installed in the attic, beneath ceilings, and walls, as well as other parts of your home, to keep the temperature constant or easily controlled indoors. This means that your home stays warm in the winter and cool during summer.
Of course, you may still have to use a heater for winter and AC for summer. Your home’s insulation will help keep cooling down your home faster and easier for your AC even on very hot summer days. Because your AC won’t have to work twice or thrice as much, then energy consumption is significantly reduced.
Because it gets very hot and humid in Orlando during the summer, it could sometimes be painfully warm when you step indoors after a long day outside. Waiting for your air conditioning unit to cool down an entire room could take a while and this will consume a lot of energy. When you have insulation in your home, that waiting period wouldn’t be as long and the energy consumed wouldn’t be as much.
For your home insulation needs in Orlando, Maitland, Longwood, Deltona, Winter Park, and nearby areas, All Florida Insulation is the company to call! We offer spray foam insulation, fiberglass insulation, radiant barriers, and many more. We also inspect, maintain, and repair home insulation! Just call us at 407-410-FOAM (3626) to get a free estimate and to schedule an appointment with an expert.
Chris has been an insulation professional for more than two decades, and has experience with all types of residential and commercial insulation products. His passion is green energy and effective insulation applications.