Spray foam is one of the most popular forms of insulation for homes and buildings these days. Its effectiveness lasts for a very long time and it has several other benefits too. However, spray foam insulation is not cheap. The materials used will cost quite a bit and hiring a licensed contractor will certainly add to the expense. This is one of the reasons some people would try a DIY spray foam installation.
Despite its cost, spray foam insulation is an excellent investment. Aside from its long-lasting durability, you can expect it to help a lot in significantly reducing your energy bill and increasing the comfort in your home.
Should you decide to install spray foam insulation on your own, it is best to know about the common mistakes in its application process:
1. When spray foam chemicals are mixed improperly, they wouldn’t pack or join together as expected. It may pull away from the surface where it is sprayed on, which defeats the very purpose of spray foam insulation.
2. When spray foam chemicals aren’t mixed properly, it may be hazardous to the health of your family and may produce odors that would last for a long time.
3. It is important to take into consideration the usual local climate to find out the best mixture of chemicals for the spray foam. Without the proper knowledge, the most ideal type of spray home for the structure of your home would not be achieved.
4. There’s also importance in the amount of spray foam used for insulation purposes. Not enough spray foam or too much spray foam insulation can affect the performance of the insulation.
5. Insulation installation requires expertise. Going the DIY way is prone to making mistakes, using makeshift tools, and an overall lack of knowledge on how spray foam insulation application must be done.
To avoid the above common mistakes in spray foam insulation Orlando application and more, call All Florida Insulation for assistance. We are available in Orlando, Maitland, Longwood, Sanford, and surrounding communities. You may reach us at 407-410-FOAM (3626) for a free quote and to set an appointment!
Chris has been an insulation professional for more than two decades, and has experience with all types of residential and commercial insulation products. His passion is green energy and effective insulation applications.